Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 15 mins
French toast, the ultimate comfort food, as served by Dustin Hoffman’s character in Kramer vs Kramer (1979)
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
250ml (1 cup) vanilla yoghurt or milk
30ml (2 tbsp) honey
4 thick slices of bread
30ml (2 tbsp) butter
45ml (3 tbsp) sugar
10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
maple syrup, to drizzle
- Mix the eggs, yoghurt and honey together until smooth.
- Place the bread in a shallow dish and pour over the egg mixture. Turn the slices so that all sides are coated.
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan. Lift two slices of bread from the egg mixture and fry until the egg is set and golden. Lift from the pan once the second side is golden. Drain.
- Remove and place on a serving plate. Melt the remaining butter and fry the next two slices.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the French toast. Drizzle with the maple syrup and serve hot.