Recipe: Baby marrow, seed and herb no-grain bread
Sources and more heart-healthy nutritional information:
- Nordqvist, J. Faxseed: Health Benefits, Facts, Research. Medical News Today. (Accessed on November 2016: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263405.php)
- “Flaxseed, a Neglected Food” The American Nutrition Association. Accessed November 23rd 2013.
- “Iowa State NWRC study finds flaxseed lowers high cholesterol in men” Iowa State University of Science and Technology. Accessed November 23rd 2013.
- Demark-Wahnefried W, Polascik TJ, George SL, Switzer BR, Madden JF, Ruffin MT 4th, Snyder DC, Owzar K, Hars V, Albala DM, Walther PJ, Robertson CN, Moul JW, Dunn BK, Brenner D, Minasian L, Stella P, Vollmer RT. “Flaxseed supplementation (not dietary fat restriction) reduces prostate cancer proliferation rates in men presurgery.” Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008 Dec;17(12):3577-87. doi: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-08-0008. Accessed November 23rd 2013
- Grains, Pulses and Seeds. Practice-Based Evidence in Nutrition Knowledge Pathway. Accessed November 2016: (http://www.pennutrition.com/KnowledgePathway.aspx?kpid=4404&trid=16800&trcatid=42)
- Magee, E. The Benefits of Flaxseed. Accessed November 2016 (http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed#1)
By Maryke Gallagher, RD SA (BSC DIET, MNUTR)