Lime and chilli chicken with smoky cornPrint Recipe
- 4 cobs corn, with husks
- melted butter, for brushing
- 15ml (1 tbsp) finely grated lime rind
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- lime wedges, to serve
Pull the husks back from the corn and tie with kitchen string. Braai until tenderand golden, about 10 – 12 minutes.
Combine the butter, lime rind and salt, and brush over the cooked corn. Set aside.
Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, brush with oil and braai until cooked through, about 1 – 2 minutes on each side.
Mix to combine the coriander, spring onions, chilli, olive oil and lime juice. Top the chicken with the coriander mixture and serve with the corn cobs and lime wedges.