This makes a brilliant bruschetta topping or serve it alongside cured meats, olives and cheeses for a simple tapas-style treat. Red pepper, choriza and chilli pickle packs a real flavour punch!
Red pepper, choriza and chilli picklePrint Recipe
- 2 red peppers
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 15 – 30ml (1 – 2 tbsp) avocado or cooking oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 100g chorizo, cut into cubes
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 100g (½ cup) demerara or light brown sugar
- 50ml apple cider or white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place peppers on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until just starting to char, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. This steaming makes the skin easier to remove.
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium heat. Add the onion, chilli, chorizo and spices, and cook until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the peppers, remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the skin, seeds and core of the peppers, and cut roughly into 2cm squares. Add to the remaining ingredients, spoon into sterilised glass jars and allow to cool before sealing.