These authentic Thai fish cakes are quick, easy and simply delicious!
Thai fish cakesPrint Recipe
- 500g white fish mince
- 60ml (¼ cup) Thai red curry paste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 10ml (2 tsp) brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cornflour
- 60ml (¼ cup) breadcrumbs, only if necessary
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g green beans, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for deep-frying
Place the fish in a large mixing bowl and add the curry paste, eggs, sugar, salt and cornflour. Mix with your hands until the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is very soft, add just enough breadcrumbs for binding.
Stir in the coriander, beans, spring onions and chillies. Season, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Wet your hands and roll the mixture into 15 balls of equal size. Place the balls on a work surface and flatten them into discs.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot and deep-fry the fish cakes in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
Serve with a crispy salad, stir-fried green vegetables or basmati rice.