Quick, easy and delicious!
Pattypan fritters with garlic and herb dip
- 550g cake flour
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 330ml cider
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
GARLIC AND HERB DIP
- 60g mayonnaise
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- handful fresh oregano, chopped
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil/Westfalia Avocado Oil Chilli-flavoured infusion oil, to deep-fry
- 500g pattypans, some sliced and others halved
- fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
For the batter, mix the ingredients together until smooth. Allow to rest at room temperature, 15 minutes.
For the dip, mix everything together and season to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer or deep pot to 190°C. Dip the pattypan pieces in the batter and deep-fry until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
Serve the pattypan fritters garnished with coriander and with a side of the dip.