Flavoured salts are very easy to make and will give your food a little extra flavour.
Here’s how to flavour salts at home:
- Dry the rind of 2 lemons and place it in a grinder together with coarse salt. Grind over fish or chicken.
- Add a few dry chillies to your salt grinder and use for potatoes and meat.
- Toast cumin seeds and add to your salt grinder – great used on lamb and vegetables.
- Add a few dry garlic flakes to your salt and use over salads and chicken.
- Finely chop a few sage leaves and add to your salt. Use to season meat, chicken and fish.
Read more: how to use salt to add flavour to your food