Simple tips for smart food…
Why is it that homemade cakes don’t always look as good as those in recipe books or magazines? Follow these tips for baking success.
• The one thing to remember is that baking is like chemistry. One ingredient reacts with the other. That’s why it’s so important to measure all the ingredients carefully and I suggest investing in a digital scale for precision.
• It is really all about good ingredients, quality baking utensils and good recipes.
• Please also remember that all the eggs we use in our F&HE recipes are large unless otherwise stated.
• Follow the recipe exactly and don’t cut corners.
• Always sieve your flour, castor sugar, icing sugar and cocoa powders.
• Good-quality cake tins are essential and a few springform cake tins are a must.
• Always turn out your cakes on a wire rack to allow the air to circulate during cooling time.