Gherkins and pecans add that ‘something extra’ to this common lunch go-to.
- 3 cups water
- 400 grams chicken fillets
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped tarragon 500 grams large pasta shells, cookedFOR THE SALAD
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced gherkins
- 50 grams baby rocket leaves
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced
BRING water to the boil in a pot. Add the chicken and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Cool in the poaching liquid for 10 minutes, drain and shred coarsely.
COMBINE mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and tarragon in a bowl.
ADD the pasta, chicken and remaining ingredients together with the sauce and toss to coat. Season well.
TIP: If you don’t fancy a creamy dressing, simply make a lemon tarragon one by combining olive oil, lemon juice and some fresh tarragon. Season well.
HANDS-ON TIME 20 min | TOTAL TIME 35 min | SERVES 6 | QUICK & EASY
ALSO SEE CHICKEN & POTATO STIR-FRY