This easy green couscous salad is fresh, crunchy and filling, it can be made in advance and scoffed down when you need a pep in your step. Perfect for a light lunch or even summer dinner, it is super versatile and lends itself well to the addition of chicken, roasted butternut or even slices of tender lamb fillet.
HANDS-ON TIME 15 min | TOTAL TIME 20min | SERVES 4 | VEGAN | QUICK & EASY
- 1 cup wholewheat couscous 1 cup boiling water
- 150 grams fresh peas
- 200 grams sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh dill sprigs
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 45 grams roughly chopped pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 avocados, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup pea shoot
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
PLACE the couscous and boiling water in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and season to taste.
MEANWHILE, place fresh peas and sugar snap peas in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 1 minute, drain and refresh in another bowl of iced water. Drain and set aside.
ADD the peas to the couscous along with the green onion, bell pepper, herbs and half the pistachios.
COMBINE lime juice, oil and garlic in a screw top jar and shake well. Season to taste.
TOSS together the dressing and salad. Thinly slice the avocados and gently press into a tight circle to resemble a rose shape. Serve the green couscous salad topped with avocado roses, remaining pistachios, pea shoots and lime wedges.
Did you make this dish? Tag us on Instagram @foodandhomesa