This popular Southeast Asian dish is famous for its dark cooking sauce.
- 300 grams egg noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 700 grams lamb strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 grams sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ribbons 2 cups finely shredded chinese cabbage cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce 1 tbsp hot water
- Handful fresh mint leaves
COOK noodles according to package directions. Drain.
Add in some roughly chopped roasted cashews or almonds for extra crunch..
HEAT half the oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the lamb in batches until it is browned. Remove the lamb from the wok.
HEAT remaining oil in wok and stir-fry onion for 2 minutes or until soft. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add peas, pepper, zucchini and cabbage, stir-frying until tender.
RETURN the lamb to the wok along with the noodles, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and hot water. Stir-fry until heated through.
SPRINKLE over the fresh mint leaves to serve.
HANDS-ON TIME 15 min | TOTAL TIME 25 min | SERVES 4 EASY