Perfect for weekend entertaining with friends and family!
Recipe and styling by Claire Ferrandi
Assisted by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Snoek and sundried tomato pâté with chargrilled ciabatta toast
SNOEK AND SUNDRIED TOMATO PÂTÉ
- 200g smoked snoek
- 100g cream cheese, at
- room temperature
- 115g French-style mayonnaise
- handful dill fronds, roughly chopped + extra, to garnish
- handful chives, chopped + extra, to garnish
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon + extra juice, if needed
- 70g marinated sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chargrilled ciabatta slices, to serve
Flake your snoek into a medium bowl (using your hands is best), removing any skin and bones as you go – snoek bones are very fine and there are many, so carefully work through the fish to ensure all bones are removed. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl of snoek flakes and stir well to combine. Season to taste and add a little more lemon juice, if needed.
Serve with chargrilled ciabatta slices alongside to carry the pâté. Garnish with a scattering chopped dill fronds and chives.