Let’s celebrate the new year, and the warm weather, with a new recipe for sangria. We used a combination of strawberries and mint in this recipe, and we’d be lying if we said it wasn’t out new go-to summer cocktail.
Recipe, styling and photograph by Hein van Tonder
- 750ml (3 cups) dry rosé, chilled
- 250ml (1 cup) apple juice, chilled
- 750ml (3 cups) strawberry juice, chilled (find at woolworths.co.za)
- 250ml (1 cup) soda water, chilled
- 1 x 250g punnet fresh strawberries halved lengthways, to serve
- mint leaves, to garnish
- handful ice cubes, to serve
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large jug.
Serve the sangria chilled, topped with the strawberry halves, mint leaves and ice cubes.