A light lunch full of satisfying crunch and delicious flavours. Crunchy Thai beef salad is easy, quick, and a great option or lunch or a light dinner.
Crunchy Thai beef salad
- 200g PnP Instant Noodles Beef
- 250g PnP Butchery Rump Steak
- 15ml (1 tbsp) PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 PnP Red Pepper, julienned
- 2 PnP Carrots, julienned
- 1 red onion, peeled and julienned
- 1 small PnP Red Cabbage, sliced
- 60ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fish sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) PnP Brown Sugar
- 10ml (2 tsp) PnP Crushed Chilli, Ginger and Garlic
- handful fresh PnP Coriander, chopped + extra, to serve
- sesame seeds, to serve
Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool.
Heat a griddle pan or braai over medium-high heat. Drizzle the steak with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear the steaks until done to your liking. Remove from heat, cover with foil and set aside to rest, 5 minutes, before cutting into thin slices.
For the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small jug.
Place the steak slices on a serving tray. In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, carrots, onion, red cabbage and noodles. Top the steak with the salad ingredients and drizzle over the dressing. Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds to serve.