Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 40 minutes
TO DRINK: Clos Malverne basketpressed Pinotage: rich and fruity.
1 garlic clove, crushed
250g mixed mushrooms
½ red onion, finely diced
150g chorizo, thinly sliced
500g ready-made puff pastry
30ml (2 tbsp) chives, snipped
watercress, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the garlic, mushrooms and onion until soft. Stir in the chorizo andtransfer the mixture to a lightly greased 25cm cake tin.
- Lightly roll out the puff pastry and cut a piece to fit over the top of the mushroom mixture.
- Bake until golden and puffed, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Turn the tin over and unmould the tart. Serve garnished with the chives and watercress.