Recipe and styling by Joe Barza
Photograph by Justin Dingwall
Red lentil tabbouleh
- 150g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 125g white cabbage, shredded + extra, to garnish
- 300g tomatoes, diced + extra, to garnish
- 50g red lentils, soaked and drained
- 15g onions, peeled and finely chopped
- pinch allspice
- 3g salt
- small handful fresh mint, shredded
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
To serve, divide the tabbouleh among 4 small plates. Garnish with the extra shredded white cabbage and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately.