A creamy blue cheese and spinach filling encased in delightfully flaky pastry.
- 300 grams fresh baby spinach, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped garlic clove, minced Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 roll store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2cup walnut halves Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Microgreens, to serve
REHEAT the oven to 200°C and grease an 8-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray. PREPARE the filling by mixing together the spinach, cheese, onion, oil, dill and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix one egg into the filling, keeping the other one for egg wash.
CUT the puff pastry sheet into 8 squares and line each muffin hole with a pastry square. Divide the filling mixture evenly between the pastry cups. Fold two corners of the pastry over, sealing it with a walnut half. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until they are puffy and golden.
SERVE warm with microgreens as a garnish.
HANDS-ON TIME 15 min | TOTAL TIME 45 min SERVES 6-8 | VEGETARIAN