Roasted Mascarpone and Mushroom stuffed Pork fillet
- 1kg pork fillet
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) SPAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- 10 SPAR Calamata Olives, pitted and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g SPAR Full Fat Mascarpone Cream Cheese
- 1 x 285g tin SPAR Button Mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g SPAR Salted Butter
- 45ml (3 tbsp) SPAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- roasted SPAR Frozen Potato Wedges, to serve
- green salad, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pork fillet on a wooden chopping board and cut it ⅔ of the way through, horizontally, to butterfly it. Flatten the meat slightly with a wooden rolling pin.
Season to taste and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place the halved Calamata olives on one side of the meat, together with the garlic.
Mix the mascarpone cream cheese and mushrooms together, spread over the olives and sprinkle with the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Roll up the fillet and secure with kitchen string, tied at intervals along its length.
Place a stovetop-to-oven casserole dish over low-medium heat, melt the butter, add the 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil and place the fillet in the hot oil. Gently turn the fillet until evenly browned all over. Place in the oven to roast, about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow the pork fillet to rest, a few seconds, before slicing and serving it with the roast potato wedges and a fresh green salad alongside.
Pair with Olive Brook Merlot 2016 and Olive Brook Le Geminus 2012. (The latter is a Bordeaux-style white blend of sauvignon blanc and sémillon.) Decant both wines and serve simultaneously. The wines should be served cool, not chilled, i.e. between 16 - 18°C.
Win a R1,000 SPAR voucher!
Tell us which SPAR ingredient from these recipes is the star of your meals, and you could win a R1 000 SPAR voucher.