Turmeric and ginger calamari saladsPrint Recipe
- 900g calamari tubes, cleaned, halved and scored
- 2cm fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1cm fresh turmeric, grated, or 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground turmeric
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) Sichuan pepper, crushed
- zest of 1 lime
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaf shells
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 small papaya, julienned
- 1 green banana, julienned
- 45ml fresh lime juice
- 45ml rice or maple syrup
- 5ml (1 tsp) ﬁsh sauce fresh chilli, to taste
- fresh lemon wedges, to serve
Light a charcoal fire and allow to burn to coals.
Marinate the cleaned calamari in the ginger, garlic, turmeric, Sichuan pepper and lime zest, 20 minutes.
Place over the hot coals until cooked, 3 – 4 minutes.
Lay out the salad leaves and fill with the cucumber, papaya and banana. Top with the calamari.
Combine the lime juice, syrup, fish sauce and chilli, and spoon over the salad shells. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.