Hosting a get-together? These five fabulous finger foods are sure to wow the crowd – you’ll be the talk of the town! Make them a day ahead to save you time in the kitchen when the guests come knocking.
Scroll down for:
- Stuffed boiled eggs with Rooibos-infused trout (a trendy bite for the host who knows what’s up!)
- Crackerbread spoons with watermelon preserve, gorgonzola and balsamic caviar (serving suave with every bite)
- Roast chicken, cranberry and goat’s cheese truffles with pomegranate wine jelly (a real crowd-pleaser!)
- Pigs in blankets (what a classic… need we say more?)
- Deep-fried mealie and ricotta fritters with sour cream and coriander dipping sauce (a local-is-lekker happie everyone will enjoy
“They say fingers were made before forks, and hands before knives,” – Jonathan Swift
Stuffed boiled eggs with Rooibos-infused trout
Finger-food faux pas: don’t use overly fresh eggs – the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel, leaving unsightly dents in your otherwise perfect canapé!
Finger-food faux pas: don’t make your “spoons” too thin – we don’t want things breaking off and falling in our lap as we take a bite!
Finger-food faux pas: don’t just assume that wine is the only drink to pair with goat’s cheese – beer also makes for the perfect complement!
Finger-food faux pas: don’t forget to put out napkins or serviette when serving these babies! We don’t want greasy fingers leaving their mark.
Finger-food faux pas: don’t overcrowd the pot when deep-frying the fritters. For golden, puffy perfection, less is always more.