This festive herbal wreath is gorgeous and fresh, perfect for holiday decoration. Let the aromatic, refreshing scents waft through your home and fill it with cheer.
Here’s how to make a herbal wreath:
- Begin by making a frame. You can use an already-made wreath frame, such as a grapevine wreath or bend wire or weave together long, bendable sticks to form a circular shape.
- Collect a variety of herbs for both their scent, sturdiness and appearance. Sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemon balm and fennel work well. Make sure you leave a good amount of stem on the herbs when picking.
- Create small bundles of the herbs and secure them with florist’s wire or rubber bands.
- Keeping the herb stems flowing in the same direction, place the individual bundles of herbs around the wreath frame in an overlapping formation, securing each bundle with florist’s wire as you go along.
- Weave in a few single herb stems to cover any open spots. Create a hook with wire and secure to the back of the frame.
- Hang and enjoy the beauty and aroma of your herbal wreath throughout the festive season!