Vietnamese herb tips
- An infusion of cinnamon, ginger and lemon grass tea helps with flu.
- Aniseed basil is best used for beef and noodle dishes, lemon basil for beef and salads.
- Peppermint is ideal for chicken salad, stir-fries or noodle dishes.
- Mint can be used in salads, teas and cocktails.
- Coriander leaves are popular in soups and stir-fries, but add them afterwards, not while cooking. Most of the flavour comes from the stem, and the root has more flavour than the leaf.
- Chives are an essential ingredient for fresh spring rolls.