To celebrate the abundance of avos, we’re adding this nutritional powerhouse to the most important meal of the day – breakfast.
Did you know?
Avocados contain no cholesterol, are virtually free from sodium and high in monounsaturated fats and potassium, making them great in assisting to combat health issues like high blood pressure.
Avocado, egg and sausage breakfast salad with avo-naise
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) water (optional)
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 breakfast sausages, cooked according to packaging instructions and sliced
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
- 6 bacon rashers, cooked and chopped
- micro herbs, to garnish
For the avo-naise, place all of the ingredients in a jug. Use a stick blender to blitz until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water to create a drizzling consistency, if desired.
For the salad arrange all of the ingredients, except for the microherbs, in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with avo-naise and sprinkle with microherbs to garnish.
All4Women.co.za – South Africa’s #1 online women’s magazine. New articles added daily, competitions, newsletters, fashion. Written & read by women like you.