Planning on buying a house but not sure how to go about it? This guide will show you how to buy your dream home.
Step 1: Get your bucks in a row
Make sure that you(r):
- credit score is healthy
- save for a deposit
- assess what you can afford
- budget for additional costs
- get home loan pre-qualification
STEP 2: Homing in on your new house
Here is a handy list of 12 things to keep in mind while house hunting
Decide what you want to buy. This guide explains sectional title and freehold
STEP 3: Home loan know-how
Info financial institutions need from you
Financial institutions (like banks) will need to know whether you will be able to afford a bond.
The deposit and other costs
Banks require a deposit of between 10% and 30%, but you still need to budget for the other costs.
STEP 4: Doing the deal
Before you decide to put in an offer to purchase (OTP) on a home, you need to be very sure that you want the property. A signed OTP is a legally binding contract.
- Is the home’s price in line with similar properties in the area?
- How many other properties in the area are for sale?
- Why is the owner selling?
- How long has the property been on the market?
- How much work does the property need and how much will it cost?
STEP 5: The Legal Aspects
Welcome to your new home!
STEP 6: Moving tips
- Get rid of everything you don’t want through selling or donating items.
- Book a (reputable) moving service well in advance
- Remember to mark your boxes so you know what goes where!
- Pack and unpack only one room at a time.
- Clean your new home before you move in
The Private Property app is here to help! Just download the app from your app store and you can: receive listings instantly through your personalised feed and find your next home quickly and painlessly. Whether you are a first-time buyer or experienced investor – this is just the app for you.
Private Property a home for Everyone