Shake-up your regular salad dish with this yummy Spiced okra millet salad with tahini dressing recipe!
- 400 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 200 grams okra, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 90 grams baby marrow, thinly sliced lengthways
- 30 grams lettuce leaves
- ¾ cup toasted puffed millet
- 2 Tbsp. toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. plain yoghurt
FILL a pot halfway with water and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Remove and drain.
CRUSH spice seeds in a mortar and pestle until well ground. Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add crushed seeds and chilli and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add carrots, okra and baby marrow and cook for 4 minutes, until tender.
TOSS vegetable mixture in a large bowl along with the lettuce and puffed millet.
WHISK all the ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle warm salad with dressing and sprinkle with chopped almonds
HANDS-ON TIME: 30 mins | TOTAL TIME: 35 mins | SERVES: 4
ALSO SEE LOADED VEGETABLE PITA PIZZA