Named after South African golf legend, Ernie Els winery is nestled within the Helderberg region of Stellenbosch surrounded by panoramic views of Cape Town. Their Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé is elegant and refreshing with a vibrant piquant acidity. Boasting a stunning blush rose tint, this wine is wonderful for warm summer days as an aperitif or paired with delicate dishes such as fish. Try it out in this velvety white chocolate mousse, the perfect dessert to finish off a romantic candle-lit Valentine’s Day dinner.
White chocolate, raspberry and Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé mousse
SERVES 4 / PREP TIME 20 min, plus chilling / COOK TIME 10 min
View this post on Instagram
For the Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé and raspberry coulis
1 cup thawed frozen raspberries
¼ cup Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
For the mousse
160g white chocolate, chopped
1 ½ cups cold whipping cream
White chocolate shavings
For the coulis
- Place raspberries, wine & sugar in a small pot. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has reduced but isn’t jammy.
- Mix cornstarch in a little wine to form a slurry and add into raspberry mixture; mix until thickened.
- Pass Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé and raspberry coulis through a sieve and discard the seeds. Cover and cool in the fridge
For the mousse
- Place chocolate and ⅓ cup cream in a glass bowl and melt over a bain-marie until smooth. Set aside to cool
- Whip the remaining cream to soft peaks and gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon mousse into glasses, layering with fresh raspberries and the cooled Big Easy Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé and raspberry coulis. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Top mousses with fresh raspberries and white chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
To learn more about Ernie Els wines, their products and the experiences they have on offer they offer, visit their website here.