Artichoke and robiola salad with thyme dressing
- 100ml extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 5ml (1 tsp) hot English mustard (preferably powdered)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- a pinch of black pepper
- 3 – 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- a pinch of salt
- 1 head cos lettuce
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 100g robiola (robiola must be fresh, not vacuum packed – but rather immersed in liquid, bought from a deli or specialist store like Thrupps)
- 200g best quality tinned artichokes, quartered
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and stir until emulsified.
Wash and cut lettuce, being careful not to bruise it. Place in a bowl with rocket. Mix in tomatoes and onion, and toss in dressing.
Top with robiola, artichokes and avocado, and drizzle over a little more of the dressing.