Autumn pizza with Iberico ham salad
- 100g celeriac, peeled
- 20g walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 5ml (1 tsp) prepared horseradish
- 5ml (1 tsp) crème fraîche
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white truffle oil
- 200g pizza dough
- 250g Loch Duart Salar salmon (or other flaked smoked salmon)
- mixed salad leaves
- olive oil, to serve
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
- 8 slices Iberico ham (or other strongflavoured cured ham)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
For the pizza, boil the celeriac in salted water until soft. Pulse in a blender with the walnuts, horseradish, crème fraîche and half the truffle oil.
Shape the pizza dough into boatshaped fingers. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 4 - 5 minutes.
Spread the pizza fingers with the celeriac purée. Top with the flaked salmon, return to the oven and bake for a further 4 minutes.
Dress the salad with the oil and balsamic. Top with the ham and remaining truffle oil. Season with pepper and serve.
ANNA MONTALI’S PIZZA DOUGH
Dissolve 25g (1 cube) fresh yeast in 30ml (2 tbsp) lukewarm water. Mix in 30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour, cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes. Pour out 400g cake flour on a clean surface, make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture together with 10ml (2 tsp) salt and 225ml lukewarm water. Work the liquid into the dry ingredients with your hands, kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size, about 2 – 3 hours, before shaping.