The mighty powers of the avocado stretch further than you probably realise. This gluten-free, cholesterol-free, dairy-free and high-fibre fruit is nutritious, delicious and adds freshness to your spring and summer dishes.
Avocado, pomegranate and basil salad
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 100g Parmesan, shaved and toasted
- small handful pomegranate rubies
- 2 handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 30ml (2 tbsp) pomegranate molasses
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 pomegranate, broken into big chunks, to garnish
For the salad, toss together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with pomegranate chunks.