Baked Camembert with a crunchy apple, fennel and hazelnut salad
- Apple chips
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 x 100g round Camembert cheeses (select smaller ones for individual portions)
- micro leaves, to serve
- digestive biscuits, to serve
Preheat the oven to 100°C. For the apple chips, line and grease a baking tray with baking paper. Place apple slices on the baking paper and dry out until apples are crispy, turning every 30 minutes, about 1 – 2 hours. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 200°C.
Combine the apple, fennel and hazelnuts in a bowl and set aside.
Just before serving, place the Camembert on a baking tray and cut a cross on the top through the white skin. Bake until soft and gooey, about 10 minutes.
Serve the warm Camembert with the fennel salad, apple chips, micro leaves and digestive biscuits.