Ricotta is one of the most versatile ingredients you can have in your pantry, and if you’re not in the mood for something as sweet as ricotta and lemon cakes, why not whip up baked ricotta with corn, chilli and peppers? The cheese is deliciously soft, and punctuated perfectly by crunch and just enough of a spicy kick!
Baked ricotta with corn, chilli and peppers
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g corn kernels
- 80g assorted bell peppers, finely diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander or flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush 6 x 125ml capacity ramekins with oil and set aside.
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Divide the mixture between the ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake until golden brown, about 20 – 25 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Unmould the ramekins and serve with fresh green salad leaves or toasted herbed bread sticks.