Beef carpaccio with preserved lemon dressing is a dish of timeless elegance. This surefire crowd-pleaser is very easy and will make the perfect addition to a dinner party table. Delicious and tangy.
Beef carpaccio with preserved lemon dressing
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 500g beef fillet, trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) salted capers, rinsed, to serve
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 5ml (1 tsp) preserved lemon, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) chervil leaves, to serve
Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
Season the beef and cook for 1 minute on each side. Set aside.
Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the capers and cook until crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper.
Place the remaining oil, vinegar, lemon juice, preserved lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Slice the beef very thinly and place on a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the capers and chervil to serve.