Romance in a glass. These berry sorbet champagne floats are just bubbling over with glamour, and are the perfect chilled indulgence for Valentine’s Day.
Berry sorbet champagne floats
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 100g castor sugar
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vodka (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 egg white
- cherries, strawberries or
- blueberries, frozen, to decorate
- chilled champagne, to top up
Place the mixed berries, sugar, vanilla, vodka and lime juice in a blender and blitz until smooth. Add the egg white and blend again briefly. Pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze until almost firm, then blend again and return to the freezer until frozen.
Serve scoops of the sorbet in chilled champagne coupes with the frozen berries and top up with the chilled bubbly.