- VINEGAR AND GARLIC DRESSING
- 60ml (¼ cup) white wine vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices pancetta
- 4 large eggs
- 1 frisée (curly endive) lettuce, leaves separated
To make the dressing, place the vinegar, oil, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Preheat the oven grill to hot.
Place the pancetta on a baking tray and grill until golden and crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes (for soft-boiled eggs). Drain, peel and cut in half.
Divide the lettuce between 4 serving plates and top with the pancetta and eggs. Spoon over the dressing to serve.