Brussels sprout, leek and hazelnut sauté
- 500g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 250g leeks, sliced
- 20ml (4 tsp) olive/avocado oil
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Blanch the sprouts in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and plunge into iced water. Drain and dry well.
Melt the butter in a wide pan and cook the ginger and leeks over a low heat. Add the oil and increase the temperature. Add the sprouts and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes.
Add the hazelnuts and sesame oil and toss to combine. Season and serve.