Recipe by Olive Hamilton Russell
Brussels sprouts and kale salad
- 100g raw cashew nuts
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fynbos honey
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh lemon zest
- 60ml (¼ cup) Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, or light soya sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 600g Brussels sprouts, rinsed and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 80g flaked almonds, toasted
- 60g kale chips (Earthshine Cheezy Herb Kale Chips)
- 125ml – 170ml (½ – ? cup) dressing
For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blitz until very fine. Decant. Will keep in the fridge for one week.
For the salad, mix everything together just before serving.