Bulgur wheat green platter with pistachio cheese balls
- 180g (1 cup) bulgur wheat
- 500ml (2 cups) water
Pistachio cheese balls
- 2 logs chevin/goat’s cheese
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 100g shelled pistachios, ground
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive or avocado oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g fresh asparagus, blanched
- 150g fresh peas
- 6 baby marrows, thinly sliced and chargrilled
- 4 baby gem lettuces, sliced lengthways
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh crusty bread
Add the bulgur wheat and water to a medium pot, bring to a boil and boil until cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
For the cheese balls, crumble the cheese in a bowl, add the dill, mix well and shape into small balls. Roll the cheese balls into the ground pistachios and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jug, mix well and set aside.
Place the bulgur wheat, asparagus, peas, baby marrows and lettuce on a serving platter and pour the dressing over. Sprinkle with mint and serve with pistachio cheese balls and crusty bread.