Bulgur wheat salad with mushrooms and pesto
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 250g (1 punnet) brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ready-made pesto
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 250g bulgur wheat, cooked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry all the mushrooms, tossing until cooked. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Mix the pesto and parsley into the bulgur wheat with a fork. Add the mushrooms and toss to combine. Do not overmix as it may become mushy.
Season, drizzle with the lemon juice and extra oil and serve.