Recipe by Claire Ferrandi
Buttered croûtes with crunchy, sliced radish and baby basil
- 1 loaf ciabatta, sliced into 3 lengthways
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- butter, softened, to spread
- handful radishes, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh micro basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut heart-shaped toasts out of the ciabatta.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and toast the heart-shaped pieces of ciabatta in batches until golden brown, 1 minute on each side.
Spread the toasts thickly with butter, arrange the radish slices on top of each piece and season well to taste. Arrange on a platter and garnish with micro basil leaves, if desired, to serve.