A wonderfully elegant dish that’s perfect for entertaining. Carpaccio of sweet melon, pear and bresaola with caper dressing is amazingly sweet, salty and earthy all at once. Absolutely delectable!
To drink: JC Le Roux La Vallée NV sparkling, with hints of pear and spice.
Carpaccio of sweet melon, pear and bresaola with caper dressing
- 60ml (¼ cup) capers
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) mustard
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive/avocado oil
- 4 sweet melons, thinly sliced
- 4 pears, thinly sliced
- 20 thin slices bresaola (you can substitute this with smoked beef or Parma ham)
- 125ml (½ cup) stemmed capers or caper berries
- 1 lemon, quartered
- green salad, to serve
- toast, to serve
For the dressing, pulse all the ingredients in a blender until the capers are roughly chopped.
Divide the melon, pear, bresaola and caper berries between 4 plates. Add a lemon wedge to each plate.
Drizzle a little dressing over each plate. Serve with green salad and toast.