Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Chargrilled dukkah-coated pineapple wedges
- 100g pistachio nuts
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 10ml (2 tsp) black sesame seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chilli flakes
- 5ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) green peppercorns
- 2 medium pineapples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 60ml (¼ cup) honey
- 30g butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
For the dukkah, place all of the ingredients in a frying pan over medium heat and dry-roast, 3 minutes. Stir the mixture, remove from heat and set aside to cool. Roughly chop half of the dukkah mixture. Place the unchopped half in a food processor and roughly grind. Mix the ground dukkah with the chopped dukkah.
Rub the pineapple wedges with the honey. Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Add the butter and oil and chargrill the pineapple wedges until blackened, about 2 minutes on each side. Allow to cool, about 5 minutes, before coating with the dukkah to serve.