This super easy, healthy and deliciously creamy avocado pasta sauce recipe is made with only a few ingredients and never disappoints! Packed with immune-boosting benefits its a great all-rounder recipe for a lunch or dinner option! And the secret ingredient…? Viavi Avocados of course!
Be on the look-out for them, exclusively to Woolworths.
Recipe by Izelle Hoffman
Photograph by Suikerbos Photography
Chicken and Peppadew™ Viavi avocado pasta
- 500g pre-cooked pasta of your choice (I prefer a chickpea or rice-based pasta)
- 2 chicken breasts, tenderized and pan-fried with olive oil, and seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red salad onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Oryx salt
- 1 heaped tsp of minced garlic
- 2 Viavi avocados, mashed
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I prefer Almond Breeze Unsweetened as it contains no sugar and no corn starch or sunflower oil)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil/or herb of your choice, chopped
- 100g chopped Peppadews™
- 2 heaped tbsp almond flour
Pre cook the pasta, rinse and allow to cool off.
Prepare the chicken fillets and set aside.
Preheat a pan with olive oil and fry onions till brown, add the raw honey, salt and garlic and allow to caramelize.
Mash the Viavi avocados and mix it with the almond milk and fresh herbs till it forms a creamy texture.
Add the almond ‘cream’ to the pan and stir well.
Reduce the temperature and allow the sauce to heat up slowly and simmer for a few min, if you find it too thick you can add a bit of water or another dash of almond milk.
Pour over the pasta and mix well.
Dish up, top with Chicken & Peppadew™ and sprinkle with almond flour before serving.