- 1,2L chicken stock
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 300g chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips
- 100g Thai red curry paste
- 300ml coconut milk
- 4 lime leaves, finely sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) fish sauce
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 200g tofu, divided into 4 portions
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- red chilli, sliced
- spring onions, sliced
- lime wedges
Bring the stock to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken very quickly. Mix in the red curry paste and cook for a few seconds.
Add the stock, coconut milk, lime leaves and fish sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, about 15 minutes.
Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes then drain and discard the water.
Divide the noodles between four bowls and add the tofu, spring onions and fresh mint. Pour in the stock, season and scatter with cucumber, chilli and spring onions.
Serve hot with the lime wedges.