From our Thai braai feature in our January 2008 issue.
Recipe by Sue Greig
Photograph by Graeme Borchers
Styling by Anna Montali
Chicken thighs with lime juice and ginger
- 6 chicken thighs
- juice of 4 limes
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 small red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 50ml fresh ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 45ml honey
- 5ml salt
Prepare the coals for the braai.
Put the chicken pieces in a roasting tray and cut a few deep slashes into the skin and flesh.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Pour the marinade onto the chicken thighs, rubbing it into the slits. Set aside for 2 hours, turning from time to time.
Place the thighs on the braai and cook until the chicken is golden, fragrant and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Serve while still hot.