If you’re looking to update your soup game, look no further than chilled cucumber and coconut soup. This tropical-inspired dish is a cool and refreshing dish that’s deliciously light. If you want to make it especially beautiful for a dinner party, spoon it into shot glasses.
Chilled cucumber and coconut soup
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, roughly chopped
- juice of 1½ fresh limes
- small handful fresh coriander
- 750ml (3 cups) coconut milk
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Ponzu
- 2 drops fish sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- small handful mange tout, thinly sliced
- coriander microgreens
- fresh coconut slices
- fresh lime cheeks
Place all of the ingredients in a large food processor or blender and blitz to form a chunky soup.
Adjust seasoning and blend once more.
Pour into a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with garnishes just before serving.