Chorizo and rice soup
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 220g (1 cup) rice
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1,5 litres chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh chervil leaves
- 2 x 125g bocconcini (buffalo mozzarella balls), torn
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, garlic and chorizo and cook until browned, about 6 − 8 minutes.
Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the wine and 250ml (1 cup) of the stock and cook, stirring, for about 1 − 2 minutes.
Add the remaining stock and the tomatoes, increase the heat to high and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir through salt and pepper and top with chervil and mozzarella to serve.