Coconut, spicy prawn and avocado lettuce cups with a light yoghurt dressing
- Lettuce cups
- 15ml (1 tbsp) avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 5ml (1 tsp) crushed garlic
- 5ml (1 tsp) crushed ginger
- 5ml (1 tsp) chillies, finely chopped
- 400g (2 cups) prawns, deveined and peeled
- juice of ½ lemon
- 70g (1 cup) fresh coconut chunks, finely chopped
- 1½ avocados, diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cos or butter lettuce
- 250ml (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) green pesto
- juice of ½ lime
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dill, chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
For the lettuce cups, heat oil in a pan and add onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and prawns. Fry until prawns are firm and cooked, 2 – 3 minutes. Add lemon juice.
Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the coconut, avocado and basil leaves, and season.
Discard the outer leaves of the lettuce head and separate the inner leaves. Serve a spoonful or two of the prawn filling on each lettuce cup.
For the dressing, whisk the ingredients together and season to taste.
Drizzle the dressing over each lettuce cup and serve with lime wedges.
Flavour the dressing with any pesto – red or green – and add any soft herbs like chives, basil or flat-leaf parsley.