Corfu-style autumn vegetables
- 400g Roma tomatoes, halved
- 400g potatoes, quartered
- 200g onions, cut into wedges
- 250g baby marrow, diagonally sliced
- 2 celery sticks, diagonally sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- fresh rosemary, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Place half of the tomatoes in the bottom of a baking dish. Layer the remaining ingredients, except the rosemary and bread, on top in the order given. Finish with the remaining tomatoes.
Cover and bake for 3 hours. During cooking, carefully stir the vegetables occasionally. Garnish with rosemary and serve hot or at room temperature with crusty bread.
To drink: Vergelegen White 2007 is a perfect white blend with weight, complexity and layers of flavours.