These crab and corn puffs are super-light and full of savoury goodness. The slightest pops of sweetness from the fresh corn are deliciously unexpected, and perfect with salty crab meat. Perfect for a starter or side.
Crab and corn puffs
- 1 x 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 140g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- a small handful of fresh coriander,
- finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 1 x 170g tin crab meat, drained
- vegetable oil, for frying
- fresh coriander, to serve
- fresh lime cheeks, to serve
Combine the corn, flour, spring onions, red onion, milk, eggs, chilli, coriander and seasoning in a large bowl.
Add the crab and mix thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil. Fry until puffed and golden brown, about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
Serve with plenty of fresh coriander and lime cheeks.