Creamy cheese tart
- 380g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 230g (1 cup) cream cheese
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh chives, snipped
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 60ml (¼ cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly butter a 22cm springform cake tin.
Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured work surface. Line the baking tin with the pastry and trim the edges.
Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and bake blind for 10 – 15 minutes.
Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C.
Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks together with the ricotta, cream cheese, chives and cream. Season and fold through the beaten egg whites.
Spoon the mixture into the case and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake until set and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.